a few words about us
The two principals of the company, Greg Garner and Dani Watkins, have more than 35 years of combined experience in instructional design and training. Both have extensive knowledge of design tools as far back as RoboDemo and Macromedia Captive all the way to Adobe Captivate 9 and Articulate Storyline and 360. Dani is a current official Beta Tester for Articulate Storyline and 360, and she brings a very unique skill set. She earned her B.A. in Education and her M.A.in Education Information and Learning Technologies, which makes her a standout in the industry which has led to a 2014 Brandon Hall Excellence Award for Best Custom Content and a second nomination in 2017 which are due out in September 2017. Greg also brings 25 years of project management experience beginning with his project manager position at USAID in the early 90s in addition to more than 15 years of instructional design work.
Engaging E-Learning is the instructional design division of parent company HIPAA Exams. As such, in addition to its own client work, Engaging E-Learning has developed and maintains an extensive library of learning courses currently available via HIPAA Exams’ proprietary learning management system (LMS). Engaging E-Learning has developed and maintained this library for more than a decade. Almost every course in the library requires an annual review and update to maintain regulatory compliance and adherence to their ANCC accreditation. These learning courses are accessed by more than 70,000 clients annually.
Dani Watkins has been developing engaging, interactive, and instructionally sound learning and development programs since 2000, and tried and true eLearning since 2002. Having created eLearning for a variety of industries, including pharmaceuticals, real estate/property management, health care, telecommunications, financial, government, oil and gas, software/technology, manufacturing, higher ed, and K-12, Dani is known in the industry as expert in developing learning programs. She is passionate about improving employee performance, creating innovative courses that are instructionally sound, and aligning with an organization’s business strategies and compliance needs. Most recently, she was recognized by Brandon Hall for Best Custom Content. Not only has she won a Brandon Hall award for Best Custom Content, she has designed, developed, and managed hundreds of course development projects for technical audiences. Some of these include:
Greg’s instructional design experience includes the original development of HIPAA Exam courses. In 2016, Greg developed 10 custom training courses for Sunovion Pharmaceuticals for medical device sales training and an additional 12 custom training courses for Integra Health in Storyline 360.
• U.S. Department of Education, Web-Based Internal Control Training Module under GSA 00CORP 874 4 Training Services Contract; 2017
• Department of Homeland Security – Customs & Border Protection, Essential Supervisory Skills Training BPA HSBP1017J00415; 2017
o Provides instruction that meet specific education and experience requirements for background, experience and knowledge in the Office of Field Operations’ mission, policy, regulations and laws, which include immigration, customs, agriculture and trade law.
• U.S. Air Force Wright-Patterson Medical Center; 2002 – 2014
o Researched and authored series of nursing continuing education elearning courses. Developed customized Learning Management System. Provide on-going maintenance.
o FA8604-13-M-7000 Air Force Continuing Nursing Education Course Development
o FA8604-13-M-7093 Air Force Learning Management System Development & Maintenance.
• Telecom (Verizon): Produced webinars for customer service personnel nationwide. Webinar trainings consisted of one hour presentations for 200+ staff. We were responsible for registration, walkthroughs, production, closing and reporting.
• Government (Colorado Department of Human Services, Jefferson County, Boulder County, Virginia Department of Transportation, Department of Veteran Affairs): Deliver both face-to-face and online webinar sessions around leadership topics, created supporting job aids for MSFT Outlook, Access, and SharePoint courses employees during a large-scale software migration.
• Financial (CoBank, MidAtlantic Farm Credit, Synchrony Financial, CNO Financial): Develop eLearning on the following topics: MSFT Outlook 2010 WebApp, Anti-Money Laundering, Credit Red Flags, Performance and Talent Management and Security training.
• Health Care and Pharmaceutical (Children’s Hospital, Davita, Alere, Mallinckrodt, Medimmune/Astra Zeneca) Performed a needs assessment for manager training program and designed eLearning courses to support this assessment. Developed and updated policies and procedures in an online format. Designed and developed a new employee orientation program. Developed compliance training. Developing 8 safety eLearning courses
• Higher Education (Front Range Community College): Developed and delivered Microsoft and Leadership Development courses. Delivered and assisted in implementation of Salesforce.
• Insurance (Farm Bureau): Created storyboard for insurance program for agents.
• IT Consulting (Mission Critical Systems): Wrote and delivered Microsoft courses for clients in a variety of industries. Develop custom eLearning simulations in Adobe Captivate. Develop knowledge assessments for a variety of software courses.
• K-12 (Jefferson County Public Schools): Programmed online content for Renewable Energy, Biology, Freshman English for Young Men, English 10, Spanish for Spanish Speakers, Event Training, Algebra II, and Russian.
• Manufacturing (Gerdau, Pepsi, ITT Corp, Uber): Created eLearning content on many safety and engineering topics and policies and procedures for wastewater management. Converted these courses into 13 different languages.
• Marketing (Boomerang Marketing): Human resources consulting to hire and onboard new employees.
• Oil and Gas (EnCana Oil and Gas, SM Energy, Shell, American Petroleum Institute): Developed and delivered a Core Leadership program to over 100 leaders at EnCana. This program consists of five face-to-face sessions and online discussion facilitation. Delivered Communications 101: Building Effective Relationships and Tracom’s customized Social Style Multi-Rater course, MSFT Excel – Advanced to Accounting Personnel. Developed online and face to face engineering courses based on proprietary engineering techniques. Delivered Tracom’s Introduction to Social Style Self-Perception to Human Resources team. Developed six technical courses based on the RP 3000 standards for moving Crude-By-Rail. Converted over 500 courses from PowerPoint to Storyline.
• Real Estate (RE/MAX, Realogy, Cartus): Consulted on purchase and implementation of a Learning Management System (Success Factors). Designed, developed, and delivered a 46 week, intensive blended leadership program. See details of this program here: https://youtu.be/6MQQlMvmeMs Designed and developed eLearning for agents, brokers, and team leaders. Courses included Power of Social Media, Prospecting with Facebook, and a Facilitation Certification program, and many more.
• Telecommunications (Avaya, DE Technologies, Open Range Communications through Cloud10, Sykes): Developed 3D virtual campus (AvayaLive Engage), including incorporating the 3D objects in classroom buildings and integrating interactive content. Develop storyboards and programmed an online call center agent and door-to-door sales training program. Lead an instructional design team of contractors and developed coursework on telecommunications product, design, implementation, and installation training.
SBA 8(A) CERTIFIED
We are an SBA 8(a) Certified Native American Owned Small Business. The 8(a) program reinforces our commitment to provide you with high quality service and competitive pricing for federal government agencies and programs. If you would like more information regarding our SBA 8(a) certification and partnering opportunities, please
HUBZone is a company level diversity certification referring to the Historically Underutilized Business Zone program that s in place to increase employment opportunities, investment and economic development in these areas. HUBZones are defined as distressed rural and urban communities, typically having low median household incomes, high unemployment or both; the location of these communities is determined by data gathered from the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), the Bureau of the Census, the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), the Department of the Interior, Bureau of Indian Affairs and the Department of Defense.
GSA CONTRACT HOLDER 00CORP – GS-02F-033DA
We have been awarded a five-year, Schedule OOCORP contract with the U.S. General Services Administration (GSA). In awarding the contract, the federal government recognizes HIPAA Exams as a preferred vendor that is fully authorized to conduct business directly with federal government agencies. As part of their GSA Schedule OOCORP contract, HIPAA Exams solutions are now available through the GSA Advantage! website, which facilitates the procurement of products and services for government organizations. Contract GS-02F-033DA Our Advantage Profile Our GSA Catalog
Bright and original designs using innovative technologies